The Pacific Salmon Explorer
The Pacific Salmon Explorer is a platform for exploring the status of salmon populations and various pressures on their habitats in the Skeena River watershed.
What can I find on the Pacific Salmon Explorer?
- Sixty years of stock assessment data on Skeena Chinook, coho, chum, pink and sockeye salmon populations;
- Interactive maps displaying the risk of degradation to freshwater salmon habitats from multiple human and environmental pressures;
- A snapshot of the baseline condition of the Skeena River estuary;
- Maps showing the location of both existing and future resource development projects in the Skeena River watershed and estuary;
- Summary reports for geographically and genetically distinct populations of Skeena salmon (known as Conservation Units under Canada’s Wild Salmon Policy);
- Ability to download source datasets and print maps and figures.
Download an information sheet on the Pacific Salmon Explorer here.