|White et al.
|Chinook, coho, steelhead
|Bridge River, British Columbia
|radio telemetry, spawning location, migration, habitat suitability index
Bridge River Project Water Use Plan: Lower Bridge River Adult Salmon and Steelhead Enumeration Implementaion Year 8
The Lower Bridge River Adult Salmon and Steelhead Enumeration program (BRGMON-3) monitors adult salmonids in the Lower Bridge River (LBR) to support evaluation of the effects of flow releases from Terzaghi Dam on salmon productivity. Monitoring in 2019 (Year 8 of 10) consisted of:
- Electronic enumeration of Steelhead Trout, Chinook Salmon, and Coho Salmon.
- Radio telemetry to inform species-specific spawning location, migration rates, migration timing, and residence times.
- Visual surveys to enumerate Chinook and Coho Salmon using Area Under the Curve (AUC) analyses.
- Habitat Suitability Index (HSI) surveys to determine the quantity and quality of spawning habitat in the LBR.
- Redd surveys to determine Chinook and Coho Salmon spawning distribution and record habitat quality at confirmed spawning locations.
- Ageing analyses to evaluate life history characteristics.